Saturday, March 12, 2011

Highlight of Arnhem Trip to MMKA

The True Colours: New Traditional Jewellery exhibition played host to one of my most favorite Jewellery pieces of our entire trip.
Though the line up included Carolina Gimeno, Ingeborg Vandamme, Fabrizio Tridenti, Denise Julia Reyton and Silvia Potente whose works were all incredible in their forms, colour and technique, the stand out piece for me was Annette Duburg's "Necklace Firework".


Annette Duburg (The Netherlands, 1942) Necklace Firework, 2101
Clay, Polymer, Felt and Yarn
 This to me as a colour enthusiast is the very essence of what inspires and drives me in my material choices, process and joy in making jewellery. There is such depth and form created by this work which is only enhanced more so by the use on the tonal red to yellow sequence. The material choices are not what you would expect when looking at something so evidently polished and complete. All these materials can be found in a Craft store, and being used with such a mastery, they have transformed into a Contemporary piece of jewellery. It is my inspiration from the trip for use of colour form and material!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment