Tuesday, March 15, 2011

free day with surprises

So on my day off I still keep stumbling over jewellery. While on my way to Muji and Magazin with Jenny, we came across the gallery 'Bayerischer Kungstgewerbe-Verein' which had two shows taking place. One was group show called 'The James Days' and the other was 'NOW' jewels by Norman Weber. I found the pieces by Weber weren't the kind of jewellery I prefer-they were very ornamental and what I consider OTT, with the use of great deal of colour and big jewels. His sketches for his ideas were more interesting for me as you could see the thought process that went on behind the pieces. In the 'James Days' exhibition there was work by Peter Bauhius, Renate Scholz, Eva Doerenkamp, Mirjam Hiller and Mari Ishikawa to name a few. Really looking forward to tomorrow when we go out to is the Schmuck exhibitions.
Clare
Saori taking pictures of the flowers
Pretty!
Susanne Elstner from 'The James Days'
Kathryn Partington from 'The James Days'
Rathaus @Marienplatz [once again sorry for the side view]


No comments:

Post a Comment