Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Full Circle

Day 13:
Today on our day off I returned to the Pinakothek der Moderne to revisit The Danner Rotunda (a treasure trove of contemporary jewellery, curated by Karl Fritsch) and to make a very special purchase; Henriette Schuster’s little golden house.
When I first visited Gallery Funaki, before I started Jewellery and Object at SCA, I fell in love with Schuster’s house. In the few years between seeing it at Funaki in Melbourne and now purchasing it at the Pinakothek in Munich, I have learnt more about contemporary jewellery than I could have possibly imagined.

In a different city and at a different time, it feels like things are starting to come full circle. My little golden house will always symbolise how much I have learnt and how much I will continue to discover.

V. 

No comments:

Post a Comment