Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day2

Today we have visited galley Ra and Louise Smit.
I was able to see another Gills Beckers work at gallery Ra,

I realized that Becker's work is still radical after 40 years later.
Today we see lots of contemporary jewellery that's is different and intricate and the story behind and
the material they use is very interesting, and I do enjoy seeing
them and I do like them

But not this Becker's work. It is so simply made, like less is more?
And less is harder too.

You can add so much to it but so hard to reduce element..

Becker's work has specially, this beauty of simplicity but different

Many jewellers I have seen, they try challenging this by doing something new
but I think Beckers work is still radical after 40 years.

It is very timeless.

I could not believed that was made in 40years ago!



saori

No comments:

Post a Comment