Saturday, March 12, 2011

11.03.2011

Today we met Paul Derrez at gallery Ra. His gallery was recently moved out from old place
and the new space looked fantastic. The works at the gallery were mixed with well-known artists and
young artists and it was really nice to see the works together. He talked about the jewellery in fashion field and art gallery field and compared each other that people who works with fashion is much more commersial than the one in art gallery, which it became more focused on design. But I see most of the works on gallery becoming and focusing on design as well as carrying the idea of artistic characteristics, and he also mentioned that we need consistency to do some kind of online shop where its open for people to buy and experiencce on contemporary jewellery and I think its important to do that so that people can change stereotype thinking of it.
After visiting Paul's gallery, we went to flea market and I tried herring, which is a traditionl food in Amsterdam. It.. was........ very interesting. I tasted it, it had a kinda strong fishy smell but then when I ate it with pickle and raw onion it was ok. I can't say  delicious but I think its worth it to try once.

We visited Louise Schmidt gallery and saw amazing pieces of famous jewellery artists and I found out that she only collects famous artists work compare to the other galleries we have visited before. She said that it is hardly to find the trend in jewellery because it carries many possibilities and open for many things, such as each individual pieces carry different stories on. And also we talked about the catalogue became easy to look it up in internet instead of purchase them and becomes the issue of loosing books. Her view on this was quit surprise which she finds no problem on this because she is one of them who loves technology the fact that it became much more easier and faster on reading.
What I found during the tour on each different gallerys from day 1 till today was that hearing differernt kinds oand distinct opinions on contemporary jewellery which I think its such a good experience.

In the afternoon, Saori, Hannah and Victoria all laughed at me..because I accidently ate bird food that I bought from Hema.. which I thought it was a nuts for HUMAN food. but .. it wasnt. . It tasted really weird..
It looks like a big round ball cookie and it looked interesting so I tried them just a little bit (coz I normally become curious when I find new food)  and it taste wasn't good. . My stomach was fine afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment