Friday, March 11, 2011

Amsterdam day 1 and 2

Day 1 of the Amsterdam field trip was exciting. We visited the studio of Ted Noten and an exhibition 'Interaction' by Katja Price at gallery Rob Koudijs. Both visits were really informative. It was really interesting to see how Teds studio space is set up and how he organises the people working for him. I'm not sure if set ups like this exist in Australia. It seems to work well within the European art scene.  Day 2 we visited Gallery Ra and also gallery Louise Smit.

Gallery Ra was AMAZING. Defiantly my favorite so far. I will be writing a seperate blog dedicated to all of the wonderful works I saw there. All of the pieces exhibited there were really varied in material and form. I especially liked the work of Iris Tsante who has used pencils and pencil sharpenings to create a series of neckpieces. The colours and textures were amazing and I was really inspired by the series.

Neckpiece by Iris Tsante displayed at Gallery Ra, Amsterdam


Today we are heading out of Amsterdam for the day to go to some other galleries.

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment